This blog has moved! Please visit the new Knot By Gran'ma website and follow my blog with Bloglovin or sign up for the newsletter.

Oct 15, 2009

It Is Easy Being Green!

Today is Blog Action Day 2009.  Share your posts here: http://www.blogactionday.org/

In my attempts to help save the planet, and curb global warming, I'm currently trying to make Knot By Gran'ma as green as I possibly can.  Aside from using plastic bags that I have from other purchases, writing PLEASE RECYCLE on all my packaging, not sending paper receipts ( I send email receipts instead), and just trying not to be wasteful in general, I've added upcycled tags for all of my dolls.  This is what they look like.



I've also started making recycled t-shirt yarn in an attempt to keep our old t-shirts out of landfills.  I plan on making a bunch of art dolls stuffed with unusable t-shirt scraps.  They should be pretty cool.  I have one started... it's a work in progress.  I haven't decided the direction I want this doll to go in yet.  You can also shred old cotton t-shirts and add them to your compost heap, in case you were wondering.  The worms will love you for it!


 


I am supporting 350.org and am inviting everyone to start taking action in doing their part for our planet. On October 24th, join people from all over the world to take a stand for a safe climate future.  I am signed up to do my part and will be forwarding this email to my friends and family (feel free to copy it, and send it on to your friends and family):

***********************************************************

Hey!
You're receiving this e-mail because I thought you would want to join in something important to solve the climate crisis.
On October 24, 2009, millions of people around the world will take action to spread the number 350, the safe level of CO2 in the atmosphere measured in parts per million, and make sure world leaders are on course to reach that target.
I'm attending a 350.org event near me because I want to be part of the solution. Please check out http://www.350.org to find or start an October 24 event near you.
It's urgent that we act together and build a movement that will solve the climate crisis and ensure a safe and just future for the world. Please join me, and help build this movement at 350.org
------------------
350.org is an international grassroots campaign that aims to mobilize a global climate movement united by a common call to action. By spreading an understanding of the science and a shared vision for a fair policy, we will ensure that the world creates bold and equitable solutions to the climate crisis. 350.org is an independent and not-for-profit project.


Join me at <a href=

1 comment:

  1. Yay for being green! It makes me really happy to see more and more people making an effort to be eco friendly in their daily lives. Good luck and stay green!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Please share your thoughts with me. I love reading them!

AddThis